Table of Contents
Food is an important matter for any baby. The proper growth of your baby depends on proper food. Safe food will help your baby to grow physically and mentally. You have to be conscious of the food of your baby. For your little unconscious, it may happen any health problem of your baby.
For unsafe food, it may occur serious illnesses, stomach aches, hospitalization or death. So you must have to be serious about the food of your baby from birth to twelve months.
Birth to 1-year old finger foods list
- Avocado, cubed or sliced
- Baby puffs
- Baby rice crackers
- Blueberries, very soft and halved
- Banana, cubed
- Beans, cooked until very soft
- Broccoli, chopped and steamed
- Butternut squash, cubed and steamed
- Cauliflower, chopped and steamed
- Eggs, scrambled
- Fish, steamed οr pοached in brοth οr water withοut added salt, with bοnes remοved, and flaked intο small pieces.
- crumbled, Gοat cheese
- Chοpped and steamed
- Grοund beef, cοοked, Green beans withοut salt
- Pasta, cοοked till very sοft (twο minutes lοnger than package directiοns)
- Peaches, very ripe, peeled and cubed
- Pear, very ripe, peeled and cubed
- Peas, cοοked
- Pοtatοes, cubed, tοssed with οlive οil, and rοasted in a 400-degree F οven οn a baking sheet fοr 22 tο 25 minutes οr till very sοft
- Rice, well-cοοked, plain οr mixed with shredded cheese tο help it hοld tοgether
- Shredded whοle-milk cheese Pοtatοes, mashed
- Pοtatοes, rοasted whοle and given in sοft pieces, οr cubed, tοssed with οlive οil, and rοasted in a 400-degree F οven οn a baking sheet fοr 22 tο 25 minutes οr until very sοft
- Tοfu, sοft οr firm, cubed
- Tοmatοes, peeled and cubed
- Yellow squash, cubed and steamed, Watermelon, cubed, Zucchini, cubed and steamed
After birth to 3 months baby safe foods
After birth of your baby, the most important matter is to feed a baby. The proper health of a baby depends on proper. As a newborn baby, it should be feed breastfed. Breast is the most important food for newborn baby.
After a few days of birth, your baby will need more food. They will start to drink more food. So you have to be more serious about the food for your newborn baby. As your babies become older, they will need more sleep and more food.
Your baby doesn’t want to eat enough then you should call in a doctor. During the period of two up months, you can see your baby wants to feed more often. Now you have to consider that your baby will need more food. You can supply extra food for your newborn baby.
When your baby in two months they need 4 or 5 ounces at each feeding, at the three months your baby will need additional ounce at each feeding. Call in a doctor, if you have any question or concern about the feeding of your baby.
For birth to 3 months an aged baby needs to breastfeed every 1-3 hours, 18-40 ounces.
3 to 6 months baby safe food tips
For 3 months to 6 months is an important period for a newborn baby. Your baby will need more care for their food. The food must be the safe food for your baby. You can find some change in the feeding of your baby.
They want to eat more food during this period. In this period, if your baby doesn’t get enough breastfed, you can use extra milk for your baby. You must take the suggestion from the doctor.
3 to 6 months baby safe food chart
- Cereals and grain: rice, barley, oat
- Fruits: apple, banana, pears
- Vegetables: corn, sweet potatoes, green beans
How much do they need?
For 3 to 6 months an aged baby needs to breastfeed every 2 – 4 hours 24 – 45 ounces.
From 6 to 9 months baby safe food
From 6 to 9 months is an important period for your baby. They need more care for their safe food. You can also find something change in habit of feeding of your baby. In this period, your baby may not be able to eat everything which you can eat.
It doesn’t mean that your baby can not join with you for the family meal. It is important for your baby to breastfeed for at least one year. But you can start some solid food when you feel your baby is ready for it.
6 to 9-month baby safe food menu
- Fresh fruits
- Roti and rice
- Water and juice
- Iron-fortified cereal
- Baby milk powder
- Sweet potatoes
For 6 to 9 months an aged baby needs to breastfeed every 3-4 hours 24-37 ounces
From 9 to 12 months baby safe food
It is the most important period for your baby. In the period, you have to be more and more serious about the food for your baby. They need to take more care of their safe food. You have to give your baby some first finger food.
In this age, you are not totally fit for food which you can eat but you can join with your meal. You can feed your baby some light cooked food. You have to be careful about fatty food. You also have to take the suggestion from the doctor.
9 to 12-month baby safe food chart
- Upma with added vegetables
- Mixed vegetable uthapams
- Dosa With vegetables
- Dal or besan cheelas
- Sabudana khichdi
- Chapattis made from flour mixed with cooked dal
- Rice with dal
- Curd with vegetable pulao
- Chicken nuggets
- Chicken Mince
- Macaroni in cheese or tomato sauce
- Creamy milkshake and soup
For 9 to 12 months an aged baby needs to breastfeed every 4-5 hours, 24-31 ounces.
Questions and Answers About Baby’s Foods
What is the best baby food to start?
Yes, when your baby will go in three months. You can feed them something extra baby food. You can add bananas, apple juice, and cereal. If your baby sleeps a long time then you need to feed your baby some extra food besides breastfeeding. It will help your baby to sleep for a long time.
What can a 7 months old baby eat finger food?
You can give some finger food to your baby at the age of 7 months. If you see that your baby will try to get the food which you like. Then you can add some finger food besides breastfeeding of your baby. It will help them to grow properly.
Some finger food you can add.
Peanut, egg, grains, fruits, vegetables, meat, rice, barley, oat cereal, crackers etc.
You should avoid colorful sugary cereal. You must continue breastfed.
What is the best baby food to start?
The best baby food to start is.
Fruit like apple, banana, preach.
Meat like chicken, pork, beef.
iquid, iron-fortified cereal.
Vegetable like sweet potatoes, squash.
Baby Skin Care in Winter
Shopping with a newborn
Baby skin care in summer
Bottle feeding newborn baby tips
How to clean baby bottles